Last Updated: 1st Jan. 2021
Hope Chapel Stotfold takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the website.
Definitions and Interpretation
1. In this policy, the following definitions are used:
Small text files placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the site and/or when You use certain features of the site. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out below.
the website you are currently using and accessing, https://hopechapelstotfold.org.
User or You
Any third party that accesses the Website, and is not either (i) employed by Hope Chape Stotfold and acting in the course of their employment, or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hope Chapel Stotfold and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
Hope Chapel Stotfold, We or Us
Hope Chapel Stotfold, Mill Lane, Stotfold, Hitchin, SG5 4NU
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation for as long as the GDPR is effective in the United Kingdom.
Collectively all data that you submit to the Hope Chapel Stotfold website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the Definitions provided in Data Protection Laws.
3. For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Hope Chapel Stotfold is the "Data Controller". This means Hope Chapel Stotfold determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, Your Data is processed.
4. It is our policy to collect the minimum amount of data from our users to provide the hosted content and provide a suitable user experience. It should be noted that at the current time (as per revision date of this policy):
- There is no User Registration process required to access any of Our Website content:
- Our Web site provides free, public-service content.
- We only obtain visitor data such as names, addresses, or other contact details through voluntary user interactions such as forms submissions, requests for Holy Bibles or email communication exchanges.
We may collect the following Data which includes personal Data, from You:
a) Your Name
b) Contact information such as email addresses, telephone or cell phone numbers and postal address details.
c) Demographic information such as postal codes (UK) or zip codes (US).
d) IP address (automatically collected by embedded site analytics)
e) Device type and browser type (automatically collected by embedded site analytics)
How We Collect Data
5. We may collect your Data in the following ways:
a) Data that is given to Us by You:
- through the 'Contact Us' page or other web site forms submissions.
- through emailing us through any of Our published email contact addresses.
- through sending written correspondence to our postal address
- through cell phone SMS text or other messaging application communications.
b) Data is collected automatically:
- by your client browser application
- via Cookies , in accordance with the security settings in your browser. For more information see the section below headed 'Cookies'.
Our Use of Data:
6. Any or all of the above Data is used for the sole purpose of providing You the website content and any associated services.
a) We do not share this data with any third party for any marketing purposes.
b) We may use or share the data if we deem it necessary for legitimate reasons; for example: share Your Name and Contact details with a third party supplier for the purposes of fulfilling your request for a free Bible that you have requested through our Website.
c) We may share Your Data where we are under a legal obligation to do so for compliance purposes.
d) You have the right to object in certain circumstances (please refer to the section titled 'Your Rights' below).
Keeping Data Secure:
7. We secure data in the following methods:
a) We do not currently provide any services that require your registration or account creation and therefore do not persist any usernames or passwords.
b) Data that you willingly supply to us through our website is encrypted in transit over Secure HTTP protocol (HTTPS/TLS).
c) Data sent to us electronically is persisted in secure mailboxes of the mailbox account, and requires authentication of the mailbox owner to access these messages and/or through a privileged administrative website account.
d) If you would like detailed information on how to protect your information or your devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses, malware and other nefarious online risks, we recommend you visit Get Safe Online (https://www.getsafeonline.org) which is supported by HM Government UK and many online businesses.
8. Unless a longer retention period is required by law, We will:
required services we undertake for You.
b) Even if we delete your Data, it may continue to persist in secured email mailboxes or in online backup or archival media as used by the Website hosting provider for their provision of services and obligations under their Service Level Agreements for Us as a customer.
9. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a) Right to Access: the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information.
b) Right to Correct: the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c) Right to erase: the right to request we Delete or Remove Your Data from our systems.
d) Right to Restrict Our use of Your Data: the right to 'block' or limit the way in which we use Your Data.
e) Right to Data Portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer Your Data.
f) Right to Object: the right to object of Our use of Your Data, including where we use it for legitimate reasons.
To make inquiries, exercise any of Your rights set out above, or withdraw consent for the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing Your Data), please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You make a complaint in relation to the way Your Data is handled by Us, and are not satisfied with the way We handle this, you may be able to take your complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority: in the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found at: https://ico.org.uk.
Links to Other Websites:
10. This Website may provide links to other Websites.
a) We have no control over such third party Websites and are not responsible for the content of these Websites.
11. This Website may place and access Cookies on your device or computer.
a) All Cookies used by this Website are in accordance with UK ad EU Cookie law.
b) Before Cookies are placed on your device, you may be required to provide consent according to the configuration of your device. If you deny consent, some features of this Website may not function as intended.
c) This Website may place the following cookies:
This Website uses Google Analytics features to enable Us to recognise Website usage patterns and metrics such as user numbers, user locations, and browser types. They also help us understand how visitors navigate our Website so we can ensure they are able to find the content they are looking for.
d) You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your client device's Internet browser privacy settings: by default most browsers are configured to accept Cookies, but this can be User-defined.
e) You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose access to information previously relied on to access the site more efficiently, such as personalisation features.
15. The following also applies:
a) You may not transfer any of Your rights under this Policy to any other person.
c) This Policy will be governed and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under this Policy will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.